2016-17 Test schedule:
Who will be tested?
- All students will be tested using the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Test (OCCT), Oklahoma Modified Alternate Assessment Program (OMAAP); or Portfolio Assessment Program (OAAP).
- The Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and the Common Core State Standards come under the umbrella of all state standards entitled Oklahoma C3 Standards - C3 standing for college, career, and citizen ready which is the basis for all standards for all students taking the state test.
What is being tested?
- Grade 4 Mathematics and Reading
- Grade 5 Mathematics, Reading, Science, Social Studies and Writing
- Grade 6 Mathematics and Reading (Online Testing)
How can parents help their children do well?
- Make sure your child attends school on time every day.
- Encourage your child to take responsibility for homework and class study.
- Praise your child for work well done.
- Gather available test preparation materials.
- Review practice materials with your child ahead of time.
- See that your child arrives at school encouraged to do their best.
- See that your child is rested and eats breakfast.
- Be aware of test dates and schedule appointments on non-testing dates.
Where do I find information?
- Your child's teacher and school
- The Parent Guide distributed one week prior to testing
- Oklahoma State Department of Education Web Site, Student Assessment: