* Pauls Valley Junior High has three National Board Certified Teachers on staff.
* PVJH has strong extra-curricular programs to broaden and expand the school experience. Approximately 70% of PVJH students participate in at least one extra-curricular activity including: softball, football, basketball, golf, tennis, track, wrestling, baseball, cross-country, cheerleading, student council, band, chorus, academic team, FCA, FFA, and FCCLA.
* Pauls Valley Junior High participates in academic competition through the Oklahoma Junior Academic Bowl Association (OJABA). In 2011-12, our 9th grade team placed 1st in District competition, 2nd in Regional competition, and 3rd in State competition.
* Pauls Valley Junior High participates in the Archery in Schools Program. In 2011-12, our 7th and 8th grade students participated on the junior high team. Our 9th grade students competed with the high school team. The high school team qualified for Regional and State competition. The high school team participated in the OSSAA’s state archery tournament.
* The Pauls Valley High School Marching Band includes 8th and 9th grade students. In 2011-12, our band placed 1st in Class 4A at the State Fair of Oklahoma Parade, received an Excellent Rating at the OSSAA Southwest Regional Marching Contest, and performed in the 2012 All-State Sugar Bowl halftime show in New Orleans, LA.
* Pauls Valley Junior High’s Art program has received many top awards when competing with schools state wide. These awards include: Best in Show, Best Individual, and Top Merit Awards.
* Pauls Valley Junior High teacher Elizabeth Sam served as a Special Olympics National Team Swim Coach for Team Oklahoma in 2012.